Dec 9, 2012

My Baby The Kid

My sweet little girl turned 11 months old last week. 
This was just fine and dandy until I realized this means next month she will turn ONE.
Say whaaat?


I checked on her during nap time and
also realized she no longer looks like baby....she looks like this.
When did she get so tall? When did my baby start turning into a kid?

Not only is she growing like a weed, her personality changes more each day.
Her newest trick is to "tickle" dad. Also, she has taken baby talk to a whole new level.

I've tried to capture her cuteness on camera, but it's not quite the same.
We are so blessed to have such a happy little girl. She makes us smile every. single. day. 

I recovered my camera from Idaho, so I should start blogging again more often.
In the meantime, here are some pictures of our simple adventures from the weekend...


Despite my efforts, she has never been much of a binky lover.
(Why I was insisting that my child be attached to a
 comfort mechanism, I'm not quite sure...)
However, she discovered a binky in her toybox and knew exactly what to do with it.
Still showed no sign of interest...she's an independent woman!


This weekend Kirk was determined to make my car look all spiffy.
In return, Lyla and I were determined to be a big inconvenience.


Looking all un-baby like again...
she even has one of those awkward KID faces going on in this picture. 
side note: only 2 teeth still. keep waiting for more to poke through!


Promptly after the vacuuming was complete Lyla 
thought pouring an entire bag of fish all over the seat sounded like fun.

Only one year into this gig and I'm finding it difficult to
 control my laughter during moments I should be teaching "no no"

Kirk and I recently learned we should probably quit
 laughing when she gurgles her milk...


Lyla is starting to take an interest in cartoons. 
So far, I've resisted the urge to plop her in front of the
 tube while I catch some more zzz's. 
I'm just kidding...come on people...
I will at least wait until she can walk to the kitchen to grab her own snack!

As you can see, she also likes ice-cream. But who doesn't?


 And finally, we drove by the house where Kirk lived as a young lad. 
It was exciting to listen to the memories about his old stomping grounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment