Dec 28, 2015

Maxwell: Room Transformation

While attempting to put away and organize all of our Christmas treasures, we were inspired to officially upgrade Maxwell to a big-kid bed. You may remember several months ago when he insisted on sleeping in the guest bedroom, but with the crazy amount of visitors we've had lately he was content with returning to his toddler bed. We wanted to give Max the same amount of space Lyla has in her room, so we decided to transfer all his stuff into one of the larger rooms upstairs. I know I'm probably the only one who cares about fairness right now, but guaranteed ten years from now they will be the ones with a tape measure out comparing room size. Oy! First world problems.

Kirk disassembled the changing table and what was left of the crib in Max's room. He moved them into the attic and I felt overcome with a bit of sadness. I have so many mixed feelings about my kids growing up. This parenting gig has suddenly taken a victorious turn down 'Easy Street' being a no diaper and no crib household. I know I've been here every step of the way, but somehow it's a strange feeling of unfamiliarity knowing my babies have turned into little people. In no time at all, they have acquired essential human abilities, like communicating their own thoughts. Crazy how that works, lol. 

Meanwhile, we got Max's new bedroom arranged, leaving behind some of the old "baby" decor. He seemed very pleased with his new space. He was quiet upstairs for quite sometime later on when I went to check on him. I found him laying on his new bed looking at a book and I felt a little bit of my heart crumble even more. It's such a privilege watching him transform into such an independent little dude. He also likes to sleep shirtless these days. Kirk typically sleeps with a shirt on, so I'm curious where he picked up that habit from. Regardless, still very funny.

The room is still a work in progress, but you can get the idea from the picture below. I predict it will remain incomplete until Kirk & I can agree on the bedding, apparently we have conflicting opinions on interior design. Hehe! I suppose we could resolve our issue by letting Max decide on his own bedding...what a wild concept that would be! 




 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

3 comments:

  1. But that baba in his mouth means he isn't too big just yet. That will be sad when he out grows that. He's getting too big too fast :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's becoming such a big kid. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's becoming such a big kid. So great.

    ReplyDelete