Jan 11, 2016

Oh Hey, Monday!

I am blogging on a Monday afternoon...this feels criminal. I have both the kiddos taking naps and, oddly, already defeated the weekly mound of laundry over the weekend. So, here I am sitting alone with actual free time. The sound of silence is golden right now. I'm thoroughly enjoying getting back into the groove of our normal routine after the holiday craziness. We accomplished a few in-depth cleaning projects over the weekend and checked off some other items that kept falling to the bottom of the priority list. Overall, we had a really productive weekend. This new year is feeling joyfully balanced so far, granted it's only been eleven days. There will inevitably be new flames that get tossed into our juggling act at some point as we progress through the year, but for now I'm soaking in the days of contentment and calmness.

This is an exciting week for us because we are going to tour some preschools for Lyla. She won't be attending until later this year in the fall, but from my understanding, most schools start the registration process in the spring. I don't think we will be enrolling anywhere of such elite status that it develops a waiting list, but you never know. We're just trying to stay ahead of the game. So at this point we are going to start with a few potential schools and go from there. I chose these prospects by a very rigid and informed process of elimination...based off the curb appeal of their website. Ha. I'm excited though, it will be fun. I'm looking forward to including Lyla in the decision process and letting her explore all the different options available. Obviously she won't be able to weigh in on all factors, but we want to make sure we pick somewhere she feels comfortable. I really don't think she will be hard to please, she seems mostly concerned with making new friends. We are simply gathering information to present to Kirk so we can eventually make a decision as a family. And Max will be tagging along too, of course. I wonder what me and Max will do when Lyla is at school. Hmm strange to think about...

I really can't imagine Max having any free time that doesn't involve Lyla. They have developed such a close bond that I'm almost a little nervous about something like preschool threatening that. I know it will all be fine, but it would be unlike me not to worry about every possible scenario. They currently have this ongoing game of "House" going on and it's so funny listening to their story line unravel. Max alternates between being the dad and baby. It can be confusing because sometimes he will start yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" I will hurry to his rescue, only to find him saying "No, not you. Yi-yah mommy" [Yi-yah = Lyla in Max language.]  And it's never a real emergency, just a pretend one in their world of make believe. Those moments will never get old for me. Lyla says she can't wait until she grows up so she can marry Max. I don't dare break her heart about that one quite yet.

We also had a chance this weekend to complete Lyla's birthday interview. She never seems to answer the questions like I expect, but she is still a cutie nonetheless. Hopefully one day she will start taking my birthday interview questions more seriously. And hopefully by that time she also learns nose picking during an interview is an undesirable quality.....haha! Enjoy!



 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Elsa's interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Here it is. I didn't post it cause she answered all the questions almost the same. Lol.

      https://youtu.be/c_YW3tQlmko

      Delete
  2. Lyla cracks me up! I love the birthday interviews.

    ReplyDelete