Nov 2, 2016

Halloweekend

We headed to Kemah on Saturday to pick up a car for brother-uncle Jake. This means he will be travelling back to Texas for Thanksgiving and I'm SO excited about that. Kemah is an area of Texas we have never explored before and it was a fun family adventure. The little town definitely has that easy going coastal vibe. We decided to check out the Boardwalk and indulge in all the people-infested activities that I tend to loathe. But parenting requires sacrifices!!! And I'm willing to make those sacrifices for two tiny people I love!

We checked out the amusement park rides and it was a right of passage for Miss Lyla, as she has reached the 42" height requirement allowing her to ride solo. She was loving this newfound independence and even requested to ride the mini ferris wheel in a cart on her very own. Unfortunately, this created some jealousy in Max. Sorry shorty. Maybe next year. The kiddos also had their faces painted. Max picked a Spiderman design. He was quite pleased with his new look and started spraying strangers with invisible webs afterward. It was a day of adventure, including a near death experience due to a run in with a flock of seagulls. The shrilling screams definitely turned some heads on that one.




Max said, "LOOK MOM! A PIRATE SHIP!!!!"


Jake's new blue car!
Jake doesn't know it yet, but we decided he should gift it to Lyla when she is old enough to drive.
That's assuming he doesn't wreck it as he usually does. Who typed that? How rude. 


We had such a fun Halloween! I always forget how much I love this holiday until it rolls around each year. The festivities lightened the heaviness that typically accompanies a Monday. The kids were able to wear their costumes to school and I was able to join in on their class parties. I coordinated the cookie decorating portion of the party for each class. It makes me really grateful to have a job that allows me to still be so involved in the daily routines of my kids. I start to feel a whirl of anxiety when I think about them going to school without my presence in the background. Maybe I can convince their next school to hire me too! Ha!

The school day concluded and we headed home to recharge our batteries for round two. I prepared for my Annual Halloween Chili Chow Down. Actually, I just made that up. I've never called it that in my life. The Texas weather sometimes permits the practicality of this event, but I don't care. I will not allow the unrelenting heat to ruin my traditions!!! Taylor came over to transform me from nice witch to mean witch, and I must say, she is quite the talented artist. I purchased one of those latex noses to really amp up the wow factor. The kids remained in their costumes all day, so they only needed a few modifications for trick or treating. We spray painted Max's hair black because...Superman! As for Lyla, she begged and pleaded for this silly wig and I finally caved in. It was hilarious for the entire fifteen minutes she wore it.

The Stouts joined the party and we all headed out for some trick or treating. This was our first year in our new neighborhood and holy crap. The herds of children were unbelievable. The entire neighborhood was so festive and it was awesome to see all the different decorated yards and porches. We noticed Max was beginning to tip to one side as he carried his overflowing basket of candy, so we decided to head back home. The obligatory dumping of their winnings was the final conclusion of the night.

Post Halloween, Lyla has been disciplined with her candy consumption, but sadly Max already had his entire fortune permanently revoked. It has yet to be determined if he will have an opportunity to earn it back. Life is rough when you fail to listen to your parents. Happy Halloween!








 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment