Jan 10, 2017

Lyla: Birthday Interview

We recorded Lyla's birthday interview today and I'm so happy that I actually remembered to do it the same month as her birthday! Unlike Max, where as I completely forgot until six months later. Whoops! Anyway, this is just a fun little tradition that I hope I can keep up with. I look forward to watching the answers evolve through all the different stages of adolescence. I am hoping we can get some soul crushing eye rolling at some point. I know it's in her genes somewhere. It will be great fun! I went back and watched the interview we did for her third birthday and I am amazed at how much older she is now. It was two years ago, so of course she has changed, but sometimes the actual realization doesn't sink in until I go back and watch old videos or look at pictures. She still has the same spunk, but I miss that little three year old sometimes! 

I try to ask the same questions in the same order each year. The answers are always so funny to me because they are usually nothing I would expect or responses I would provide if I was answering on her behalf. The on-the-spot answers is what makes it authentic and entertaining though, so we will just keep rolling with it. 

Max sat on my lap for almost the entirety of Lyla's interview this year, which is pretty impressive for his little attention span. I think his commentary and giggles in the background are my favorite part of the interview this year. He is a goof ball. Enjoy!



 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big. I love that you do these every year.

    ReplyDelete