We celebrated Lyla's birthday this weekend and it was so much fun. The party planning itself got a little extensive, but it's what I like to do. I really truly enjoy it! I like to think birthday number five is a pretty big deal and deserves some celebratory recognition. And we are always looking for any reason to throw a party! Kirk helped me decorate all week and by Saturday it looked like a rainbow puked all over the house. The colors of the rainbow just so happen to be a symbol for gay pride, so Kirk was joking that he was going to surprise all the parents by answering the door without a shirt on and invite them into our gay pride party. It would have made for quite the memorable birthday, but I suppose we really shouldn't be so quick to pounce on people with our creepiness! Plus, we decided Lyla probably likes having friends and might like for them to be allowed over to our house again. Haha!
We had 14 kiddos attend the party, including Lyla & Max, ranging in ages from one to thirteen. The chaos levels were peaked and I loved every minute of it. At Lyla's request, we had a pinata and played "pin the tail on the donkey" --- except technically I changed it to "pin the heart on the rainbow" because... rainbows! Duh! Lyla had a spectacular time at her party! It makes me happy to see her so happy! We are so thankful to all of our family and friends who came to help us celebrate our girl turning five.
![]() |
| Time to get ready! She says, "this is how Taylor taught me to do it." Funny girl. That Aunt Taylor certainly left her mark. |
The following day served as a recovery day for the birthday girl. She partied hard. I think she really was exhausted from all the social interaction, perhaps a sugar overdose, or maybe her body is still adjusting to being a five year old. Kirk took both kids to a movie in the morning and he said neither of them could stay awake in the theater, so we all participated in Lounge Fest 2017 for the remainder of the day.
My aunt checked in and asked if Lyla had a birthday hangover, I thought the timing of her question was pretty funny. I took these pictures and sent them to her right after. She was playing legos and making glitter stickers in my bed. Yep. I'm pretty sure this is what a hangover looks like at five years old!
My aunt also asked if all the guests were pooping rainbows by the time they left...hahahahaha...I just love all this rainbow humor. It's made for an entertaining week!
My aunt also asked if all the guests were pooping rainbows by the time they left...hahahahaha...I just love all this rainbow humor. It's made for an entertaining week!
And that's a WRAP! The house is back to a clean slate yet again. Actually... the rainbow crepe paper display in the entry might still be up. If you are wondering when it's coming down the answer is never.
This crazy animal was a great help taking down all the other decorations!


















So much fun. Everything turned out wonderful. You're like the Martha Stewart of kiddie parties.
ReplyDelete