Mar 4, 2012

Two Months Old

Happy Two Months Baby Lyla!
I can't believe how much you have grown and changed in just two short months.
  With each new development you make, you continue to surprise me.
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face every single day.
Mommy and daddy love you so much!

 


I feel that the little girl grew up just a little this weekend,
and this is why....

Lyla didn't sleep solo very well at first, so 
I got into the habit of just bringing her in bed with us.
snuggle snuggle snuggle & she would fall sound asleep.
She has developed such a good routine that I suspected
she might be ready to make the transition to her crib.
Well, on Saturday night we gave it a try.
I laid in bed with the baby monitor up to my ear,
waiting for her to start wailing and it never happened.
I was so very sad, yet so very proud of my baby girl.
I thought the baby was supposed to get 
separation anxiety, not the momma!
I guess I will have to start cuddling Kirk again....


Lyla's second big milestone this weekend was her baby blessing.
I was halfway expecting Lyla to cry during her blessing,
only because that would be my luck & she always tends to cry at the worst times.
I took a deep breath as I handed the fussing baby to her grandpa,
but to my surprise the fussing stopped immediately when the blessing started.
And according to grandpa, as soon as he began to speak,
Lyla looked at him right in eyes and gave him a big happy smile.
I think that really says something special about her blessing.
I think she knew it was her moment, and for that moment
she knew it was important for her to be a nice girl.
Babies are so much smarter than we know.  
Lyla is the smartest though, of course!

Lyla received the royalty treatment all day long, she is definitely a princess.
below are some pictures documenting her big day...



Usually I think it's just silly for babies to wear shoes,
but I wanted her to look extra fancy today!
 
All (-2) of Lyla's great-grandparents.

sleeping like a baby...







Ashton, just practicing.


HA. It looks like we have no idea what we're doing....




Cameron, just practicing for much much later in life.

Oh, and she wore a very fancy blessing dress but I failed at taking any pictures of her in it.
We will have a dress up day sometime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment