Mar 5, 2013

Settling In

After several months and a few minor setbacks, 
we finally found a place in Texas we can call home!

It was great living with Charli & Jeremy over the past four months.
They really took us under their wing and 
never even complained once about us invading their space.
 Lyla is going to miss seeing her cousin every day too.

However, I do not recommend sharing a studio apartment as 
your primary living space with a one year old.
It does not do nice things to your sanity.

Our previous arrangements meant we turned out the lights 
and changed our voices to whisper level after putting Lyla to sleep.
Now we are back to the old routine of doing whatever the heck we feel like
 after putting Lyla to sleep in her own room.
It's wonderful and I'm feeling much better now about my sanity.

My stress level has lowered an enormous amount and I'm happy about that cause I was really getting concerned about how my mentality was effecting our little guy.
I think it's important for him to grow inside of a happy mommy!

There is lots of unpacking to do and honestly I am having fun doing it!
It's been like Christmas opening boxes to discover all my old belongings.
Oh, how I've missed them. 

The pictures below are from the afternoon Lyla and I spent unpacking her room.
She was extremely happy to find her books that were packed away in boxes.
We pulled out a stack when we first got to Texas,
but I think all three of us have those ones memorized by now.

She has taken a real interest in books lately.
I have always read to her, but up until recently, she never seemed that interested.
Now she makes me read a book several times in a row before she is satisfied.

She also enjoys reading to herself out loud. 
It is the most adorable thing and may have brought a tear to my eye.
(Don't laugh. I'm pregnant and can pretty much cry on command.)

    


No comments:

Post a Comment