Well, we are officially a family of four now & I'm really enjoying it.
I think Maxwell likes me, a lot.
Lyla likes me too, but I've always felt I had to earn my love with
that girl.
I think I used to take it personally when she cried or
always felt like I was doing
something wrong if I couldn’t soothe her right away.
“They” say little boys love their momma’s,
but I really am getting that vibe with my little Max.
but I really am getting that vibe with my little Max.
He loves to snuggle too, which is also totally opposite of how Lyla was.
This first week has been fairly smooth, smoother than I was
anticipating.
Max sleeps sooo much more than I remember Lyla ever sleeping.
Max sleeps sooo much more than I remember Lyla ever sleeping.
I can’t make any judgments about his sleeping habits, yet.
Lyla tricked me
into thinking she was a good sleeper after the first week too.
So, we will visit
that subject again in a few weeks.
He is breastfeeding really well though and
I’m
confident I will be more successful than I was with Lyla.
Kirk’s mom and little brother have been staying with us
and it has been absolutely
wonderful.
My biggest concern was making this transition easy for Lyla.
I didn’t want her to feel neglected at all or like she was being replaced.
And thanks to Julie, Cameron and Charli, I think Lyla has been having the best week ever.
They have kept her busy and it’s made my life so much easier,
especially since
I’m still trying to recover from this nasty spinal headache.
Lyla has yet to show any signs of jealousy.
Sometimes she comes home after being out for the afternoon
and has a slightly
disappointed look on her face when she sees Max is still here.
But she gives
him kisses and pats his back anyway.
So far, Max has been a really easy baby.
To quote Kirk, I’m "not acting like a whack job” this time.
I can’t put all the blame on Lyla’s
diva-like behavior though.
I think it helped that I knew what to expect this
time.
I have experience and some tricks up my sleeve.
Sometimes I am regretful that I was so eager to move onto
Lyla’s milestones.
I can’t believe how quickly they change and grow, so I am
trying to soak it all in this time.
I really don’t want Max to grow or change
at all, ever.
Oh, and I’ve only been peed on once so far.
The first lesson
I had to learn the hard way…
can’t let Max “air out” like I was able to with
Lyla.

No comments:
Post a Comment