I am so so happy both grandmas were able to come spend some time with us.
It was amazing having them here.
I really don't know if I could have survived without them.
(especially because of that dirty rotten spinal headache)
Eventually the time came for them to leave,
which left me to figure out this stuff on my own this week.
And, despite my terrified attitude, it has been pretty easy. Go me!
Still, my favorite part of the day is when Kirk gets home.
Sometimes it's hard to shake those baby blues.
Maxwell is a sweetie and continues to be a mellow baby.
He is easy to soothe and doesn't cry very often for irrational reasons.
He is always content when he's wrapped up tight and snugged close.
Also, he loves the humidity.
He would snooze all day long on the back porch if I let him.
Oh, and he snores so loud. It's adorable.
Breastfeeding is so frustrating!
Max is a good eater and his latch is good. My nipples have finally stopped burning.
But my milk supply is lacking. I'm doing everything I can to increase my mojo,
but in the meantime I get really stressed out that he isn't getting enough to eat.
I eventually want to get him on a feeding schedule,
but for right now he is attached to me pretty much all day, or so it seems.
As a result, the TV is turned on way too often.
It's the most convenient way to entertain Lyla while I'm feeding Max.
But I hate that. Grrr! Mommy guilt!
I just have to keep telling myself, it's only temporary.
Lyla has taken an interest in the toilet.
I think she watches me change Max's diaper and
decides she doesn't want to be in that "baby" category. (she never has)
She has been ripping her diaper off every chance she gets.
So, I bought her a potty chair. She sits on it, wipes, flushes.
She hasn't officially gone potty yet, but she definitely understands the concept.
I'm not pressuring her to make the switch quite yet,
but I think it's pretty cool she is so smart to figure it out already.
Lyla had her first major meltdown.
I thought it would be okay to let Max use her stroller and she would want to walk.
I was wrong...very wrong. That stroller definitely belongs to Lyla!
Other than that, no signs of jealousy from my girl.
My house is looking sad and neglected.
Both kiddos are sleeping right now which gave me a few minutes to
vacuum underneath Lyla's high chair.
It was looking really scary under there.
But my toilets are begging to be scrubbed.
sigh...only temporary!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment