Maxwell will be 6 weeks old this week & life is feeling pretty much back to normal.
It has definitely been an adjustment, but that was expected.
Thankfully, my unexplainable feelings of sadness have concluded.
The baby blues are definitely the worst stage of recovery after pregnancy!
I'm not a sad person & I dislike feeling out of control of my own emotions.
And I'm more grateful than ever for Kirk for putting up with me.
He really is the best.
Lyla's naughty level seems to be on the rise
and she is getting into more mischief than ever.
I'm not sure if that is a result of my time being divided between the two,
or just because she is emerging into toddlerhood.
Still, messes and all, she is still the cutest girl ever.
OK, so my grandpa totally teased me about my recent post all about Lyla.
It has definitely been an adjustment, but that was expected.
Thankfully, my unexplainable feelings of sadness have concluded.
The baby blues are definitely the worst stage of recovery after pregnancy!
I'm not a sad person & I dislike feeling out of control of my own emotions.
And I'm more grateful than ever for Kirk for putting up with me.
He really is the best.
Lyla's naughty level seems to be on the rise
and she is getting into more mischief than ever.
I'm not sure if that is a result of my time being divided between the two,
or just because she is emerging into toddlerhood.
Still, messes and all, she is still the cutest girl ever.
OK, so my grandpa totally teased me about my recent post all about Lyla.
He found it pretty funny that Maxwell was mentioned
only once in the long list of me praising Lyla.
But grandpa, that post was intended just for my girl!
She is still the princess you know....
Once Maxwell starts growing and hitting milestones
there will be blogging done exclusively about him too.
In the meantime, here are a few pictures & fun facts about Max to hold you over...
1. He poops a lot.
Look, I know newborns are supposed to poop a lot.
But he has way more explosions than Lyla ever did.
Thus, I've concluded, boys poop more than girls.
It is now a fact. Don't argue.
2. He loves to cuddle.
Also, probably true with lots of babies.
But Lyla would rarely snuggle.
Even as a newborn, she liked to be facing
outward & able to check everything out.
3. He started coo-ing & I've even caught a few grins.
The biggest smile occurred when I laid him next to Lyla in her crib.
You might say, oh that's just a coincidence.
But I'm going with the theory that he loves his big sis!
4. That idiot doctor who told me Max was too skinny at two weeks can bite me.
I weighed him yesterday and my scale said 11 pounds.
WHAT? That can't be right. It must be broken.
Lyla was only 10.2 lbs at her 2 month appointment.
I think we have a little chubby boy in the making.
Bring on the baby rolls, baby!
He is beginning to reveal bits & pieces of his personality and
he is the sweetest little guy. I'm more than satisfied with my 9 month creation.
4. That idiot doctor who told me Max was too skinny at two weeks can bite me.
I weighed him yesterday and my scale said 11 pounds.
WHAT? That can't be right. It must be broken.
Lyla was only 10.2 lbs at her 2 month appointment.
I think we have a little chubby boy in the making.
Bring on the baby rolls, baby!
He is beginning to reveal bits & pieces of his personality and
he is the sweetest little guy. I'm more than satisfied with my 9 month creation.
Now---you will have to wait until the three month
mark to read another post all about Maxwell.
mark to read another post all about Maxwell.
Thanks grandpa for reminding me how neurotic I am. ;-)
I wonder which one of my children I passed that adorable little trait onto...



No comments:
Post a Comment