In the midst of the sorrow, we've been able to spend some quality time with our Idaho family as well. The kiddos have been creating happy memories with grandmas, grandpas, cousins, and everyone in between. I originally booked a flight several weeks ago to travel to Idaho for two weeks to celebrate my Grandma Carter's wedding. However, the initial extension to our trip will result in us being in Idaho for nearly a month. It's honestly exhausting. I am homesick. We all miss Kirk. I feel terrible ripping the kids away from their world for so long, but as I said before, our normal will return. We can handle it. These kids are resilient creatures.
Lyla has finally reached a point where she is beginning to recognize people and the places we visit in Idaho. She still has random bits of shyness, but has mostly been excited about the constant busy buzz. Whereas Maxwell is still in the stage of feeling overwhelmed each time we arrive to a new destination. He has been acting fairly clingy, but I don't blame the poor fella. Max attaches himself to any male presence, proving the lack of Kirk in his life is impacting him big time. I'm hoping the damage isn't permanent and we can avoid any long-term daddy issues. But if not, there is always therapy! Overall, they have handled the chaos surprisingly well and I'm proud of them for adapting to so many unfamiliar situations recently in our new gypsy lifestyle. It definitely helped that Kirk was able to fly in this past weekend for Chad's life tribute. It was wonderful to spend time with him, but only made it more apparent how much the kiddos need and miss their dad.
We can't wait to get back home, but in the meantime here are some pictures from our trip!
.jpg) |
| They really really really missed their dad. We were so happy to see him! |
.jpg) |
| Park dates & duck feeding with Scarlett. |
 |
| Max looking fly as hell. I love that little boy. |
 |
Trampolines rock. Backyards in Idaho rock. Also, I totally took this lush green grass for granted before moving away to Texas. |
 |
| Bed head at The Johnson's! |
 |
| Daddy Issues: Part 1. Thanks Jordan for being so sweet to Max! |
 |
Daddy Issues: Part 2. Yes, after seeing this photo I asked my brother how much pot he smoked that day. He claims none. Innocent until proven guilty, I suppose.... |
 |
| I literally had to peel his body off this thing to remove him. |
 |
| The cutest little niece ever! |
 |
| Lyla & Aunt Sydney searching for the perfect song. |
 |
| Lyla fell asleep on her grandma "Jewee" several nights in a row. |
 |
| Four wheeler rides with grandpa! |
 |
| "Friends are the family we choose." |
 |
| My squad. Can't wait to be reunited again. |
 |
The kiddos enjoying the lion statue at my Grandma Carter's. Crap. What am I going to call her after she gets married??? |
 |
| Grandma Paula pulled out the party blanket for a tea party of some sort. |

No comments:
Post a Comment