I have some major catching up to do on my blog! I got all wrapped up in our adventures in Idaho and fell behind, so now I'm going to rewind to our original intention for making the trip --- my grandma's wedding! This is already very confusing for me because she has always been my "Grandma Carter" but now that would be politically incorrect. I guess I could call her Grandma Deanna, but that doesn't feel right. And Grandma Brizzee feels totally weird. I expressed this to her and how I will likely need therapy over it. She just laughed. So now I'm sort of feeling like a lost puppy in that regard, but that's not really what's important.
My sweet sweet grandma found love again. I will censor her actual age for her own protection, but I think it's so adorable to see old folk in love. It's not uncommon in life for that flame to dull or widows to remain widows. My Grandpa Ken passed away in 2007 of natural causes and I remember feeling sad watching my grandma transition into her new role as a widow. However, even at that time I recognized my grandma's apparent spunk for life and predicted she would marry again. Her and Chupe, her new boo, act like teenagers ---- giggling, holding hands, kissing. I don't blame you for having to swallow your own vomit, but to me they are cute as ever. The idea that people lose the ability to love as they grow old is just silly. It's a wonderful thing that she has found someone to endure the rest of this life with. I know this experience has added years to her life. I'm happy for her, to say the least. And I'm so glad we were able to witness the beginning of the rest of their lives together.





No comments:
Post a Comment