It's been an exciting week! We've been celebrating birthdays, feeling the fall time spirit with lots of baking, exploring at gymnastics and most importantly, preparing for Kirk's fantasy football draft. [giggle] I like to tease Kirk about being a super football nerd, but the truth is I enjoy the football season as well --- mostly because it gives me an excuse to stuff my face full of food all Sunday long! I have a lot of fun making game day treats and it helps keep the nagging at Kirk for watching endless hours of football on Sunday at a minimum. The obsession with sports seriously boggles my mind sometimes, but he would likely say the same thing about some of my interests. Anyway, we had a small gathering for Kirk's football draft and somehow Lyla was really stoked about it. Although Kirk is quite the convincing salesman on all topics, I still made an attempt to explain to Lyla it really wasn't her kind of party. The following day her remark about the party was as follows: "I don't really like draft parties. Parties are supposed to have more sugar." Sadly for her, the only thing this party had was an abundance of meat.
Please prepare yourself for dorky family football jersey photos in the near future. We do it because we love Kirk. In the event you do see me in a football jersey, please note that I have no shame in my poser status. I always ask Kirk for a few Texans stats before making a grocery store run because it's literally the only thing strangers want to talk about around here. Texas loves their football and I thought becoming a resident of Texas might ignite the fan girl in me, but three years later and she has still yet to be discovered. Lol. Let the games begin!















No comments:
Post a Comment