The official sibling shuttle service, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Princess Grandma Anna
We were so lucky to have Grandma Anna to ourselves for a few days. Her visits always seem to go by way too fast. We made up for lost time by catching up on all of our missed shopping & lunching dates due to the serious amount of mileage between us. Sometimes simply 'being together' with the people I love is what I miss most about Idaho. I should really do more research on proper hostage techniques, because so far none of my attempts have worked. I think the reasons we want to keep her are obvious, but I'll go ahead and list a few.
She provides unlimited back scratches. She folds laundry for fun. She is a professional Barbie player. She secretly returns to certain retail merchants to make surprise splurge purchases. She also tells awesome bedtime stories, which is great considering my inventory is running low. [Side note: If you have a childhood story, particularly from when you were three, please do me a favor and share it with the curious mind of Lyla.] Lyla is continually fascinated by her understanding that her grandma is also my mom. I kept hearing her say, "Grandma Anna, you have such a hard job --- you have to be a mommy and grandma!" That does sound like a tough job, but she does it so very well. We had so much fun and it never gets easier to say goodbye. I'm switching gears to Thanksgiving mode now to avoid melting into a puddle of sadness! Gobble Gobble Gobble.






No comments:
Post a Comment