Feb 12, 2016

Week In Review

For the past week or so playtime has been centered around being a full-time momma for Miss Lyla. Barbies have been put on the back burner and it's all about babies again around here. She is currently working on a chart that will earn her a 'Baby Alive' doll upon completion. That's the delightful little doll that poops, in case you didn't know. To say she is excited would be an understatement. And of course, Maxwell tags right along with the ongoing game of playing parents. I took them to the store earlier this week to spend a little money they received from one of their many admirers for Valentine's Day. Lyla immediately picked out a stroller for her babies and it was no surprise when Max picked out the same. It's been a riot watching them push those things around the neighborhood and whatnot. 



We had a family spa night. This included face masks for everyone, followed by a relaxing foot bath infused with soothing essential oils. Max removed the mask shortly after applying it, but everyone else waited the suggested dry time so we could peel it off like dead skin. That part was really entertaining for everyone. 






I took a video of Max at gymnastics. He was showing off his skills this week and it was so obvious how much he has improved since we started at Little Gym six months ago. The balance beam is not a big deal for him anymore, he practically runs across it. I'm grateful for our weekly visit to gymnastics. It really has boosted confidence in both Max & Lyla. I also uploaded a longer video to YouTube ---> see here <--- but it uploaded as a side view for some reason. Lame. 


We decorated Valentine's for a few lucky people in our lives. Lyla was cranking them out faster than a machine. I think she made about ten before she got bored, whereas Max only completed three before he excused himself from the activity. They were both very specific about who each Valentine was for. Lyla was able to choose a variety of people to deliver [or send] her Valentine's to because she made so many, but Max's first [and only] three choices were Dad, Jordan, & Kurt. The three best friends in his life. It was really funny because we attached a chocolate to each one and when I noticed Kurt's was suddenly missing I asked Max what happened to it. His cheeks were full as he said, "Kurt not like chocolate." Busted.



The phrase of the week [technically word, in this case] that I can't get enough of is Max saying "remember." Although I'm able to sneak fruit into popsicle molds, persuading Max to eat more fruit continues to be an ongoing battle in my brain. And even though I know he will most likely decline, I still try to offer fruit to him on a daily basis. His new response goes something like --- "me no like stah-beh-wee wee-mem-buh?" wee-mem-buh. Hahaha! The facial expression he pairs along with it is great. I love it so much.

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment