May 20, 2016

Hello From The Other Side

Hello my old and forgotten blog. My grandpa joked that this website is most likely going to get shut down for neglect and I think he is right! I guess between moving and our trip to Idaho, keeping up with the blog updates fell to the bottom of the priority list. But here I am.

We rallied the troops at the beginning of the month to help us get moved into the new house. After mysteriously losing the keys to the moving truck, we somehow still managed to finish the move in one day. One very long day, but still one day nonetheless. We are so appreciative of everyone who came to help. We are lucky to have such great family & friends. It was my first time moving with children, which added another element of fun to the circus. Lyla was nine months old last time we moved, so that doesn't count. The biggest obstacle was trying to keep the overall move mess organized, while still keeping up with the inevitable everyday kid mess. But we did it. And thanks again if you helped out, whether that be lending your muscles or entertaining Lyla and Max.




The new house is wonderful and we already had our first visitor, Madison! It was her first visit to Texas during her adult life and, although she was surprised by the humidity, her only complaint was her visit being cut too short. She is the sweetest and I enjoyed spending time with her. She promises to be back for round two next year and I'm really happy about these annual traditions we have going with our Idaho family. I'm hoping to keep it going for years to come. I can still remember getting on an airplane to visit my aunt and cousins when they were just babies, so it's been fun for me to experience the roles reversed.



The new house was just beginning to feel like home when it was time for our trip to Idaho to begin. I packed our suitcase like an idiot. Forgot practically everything, probably because I was so focused on unpacking the house. Luckily Idaho has stores and stuff. I was able to get all the essentials unpacked and put away before we headed out, but I'm looking forward to getting back to cozy it up even more. However, I'm curious how Lyla and Max will react when we get back. It's possible they completely forgot we even moved. Haha! I know there is one part of Texas they have not forgotten and that is their Daddy. We are all missing that guy like crazy!

Anyway, Kailipalooza 2016 is in full force. Yes, I guess that is a thing. No, I did not make it up. We are having a blast and I'll catch up the blog on more details about our trip once it's over. Idaho Falls has turned into a time capsule of sorts for me. I've had nothing but memories flooding through my brain as I drive among the streets I used to call home. It's very strange to me that I no longer make new memories in this place and all I can do is remember everything that once was. It's like visiting a past life or something --- okay, not exactly, but you get the idea. Hi old life. Hi old family. Hi old friends. Hi old school. Hi old work. And then I leave all the old stuff here again until next time. Weird.

Okay bye. Be back soon!


PS. This is how I feel after 14 days in Idaho... get me out of here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment