There are funny stories that go along with some of these photos, but I'm a slacker. Overall, life keeps happening and it's treating us well. I've never felt time pass quicker than it has as I watch my kiddos grow up. The more they learn, the more they change. It's unstoppable and a bit heartbreaking. Feelings are confusing! Make them stop.
We went to the movie theater last weekend and I was practically jogging to keep up with Max, who was sprinting. We passed by an older fella enjoying his surroundings from an outdoor bench. I was admiring his peaceful presence, then I noticed the biggest grin on his face as he said, "Enjoy it, they grow up so fast!" People say that sort of cliché crap all the time, but for some reason in that moment it made me really emotional. I found myself wiping tears from my eyes by the time I reached the ticket booth. It was really funny/odd, but I appreciate the glimpse into his own nostalgia because it was a reminder to me of how important the little things are. My reality is chasing a two year old at the movie theater and it's a reality I will someday miss. PS. We saw The Jungle Book and it was awesome!!!
Anyways, I feel like I'm back on track with Max and his two year old antics. He was seriously stressing me out a few weeks ago. Meanwhile, just today Lyla said to me, "you aren't my grown up anymore" as she stormed off to her room. It was the best line I've heard in awhile, so I had to write it down. I've never known someone to be so dramatic and hilarious in the same sentence. If you don't stop to laugh at how insane parenting can be, you will never survive. The juggling act is constant with these two tiny humans, but I sure do adore my little family!


















No comments:
Post a Comment