Jun 10, 2016

Annual Check-Ups: Lyla 4 & Maxwell 3

We visited the doctor this week to get a couple of annual check-ups marked off our list. It was the first time each of them were given an eye exam and for some reason I found that part entertaining. They aren't required to name letters yet, just shapes. I enjoyed how they called the same shape different names --- Lyla said it a circle, and to Max it was a wheel. Regardless, their answers earned them a pass, which is a good sign considering I was three when my eyesight took a nose dive.  

Lyla received four booster vaccinations during this visit. She was super brave and bragged the rest of the day about how she didn't cry at all. I will be sure to remind her of these tough girl inconsistencies next time she is on the verge of winning an academy award as I'm brushing her hair. It's similar to her reaction in the bathtub when she gets water in her eyes, as opposed to how easily she brushes it off in the swimming pool. She is quite silly, but I imagine her dramatics will come in useful throughout her lifetime. 

Max won't be due for another round of shots until we schedule a check-up again next year. We had to see the doctor on such a frequent basis when they were babies, it feels strange to finally be on an annual schedule. It's rare for us to visit the doctor for anything else and I feel pretty fortunate to have healthy kiddos. 

I suppose at some point I should probably stop posting their measurements to the blog, but for now I think it's still fine. I promise the exposure will stop as soon as I hear one of them pleading to keep their weight off the internet. I can already see myself hovered over my keyboard, calling each of them after they have moved out of the house, "Yes, hello sweetie, can you go weigh yourself for the blog?" Hahaha! Kidding. They would hang up on me for sure. 

Maxwell Monte: 
Height: 37.5 inches, 65th percentile
Weight: 33.6. lbs, 52nd percentile

Lyla Estelle:
Height: 43 inches, 88th percentile
Weight: 37.6 lbs, 54th percentile




 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

1 comment: