Jul 8, 2014

Lyla: 2 1/2 Year Old Check-Up

Weight: 28 lbs 4 oz, 50th percentile
Height: 37 inches, 90th percentile


My sweet little Lyla had a check up this week. She was so pumped about the appointment. All.day.long. she kept saying, "he check my heart" "he check my heart".  Then she would get this biiiig grin on her face and say, "pretty soon, mommy!" She got to wear a hospital gown for the first time and that made it an even more awesome experience. Role playing is a big thing for her right now. We visit the pretend doctor several times a week. So, naturally, getting to see the real doctor was a treat. However, the anticipation must have got the best of her, because she went completely silent once the doctor entered the room. No matter how hard he tried to charm her, she kept a stone cold poker face.

I tattled on Lyla for eating like a baby bird most days. I poured my heart out to the doctor about how stressful it is every single day trying to get this girl to eat and how some days I often wonder how she is even alive. The optimistic side of me was expecting him to wave a magic wand and all of our eating issues be solved, but all he did was smile and say welcome to the world of toddlers. His only tip was to offer food at each meal, let her be involved, and just keep trying. I practice these habits already and I also feel strongly about not forcing her to eat. I have one million different tricks. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they do not. Alas, if she is hungry, she will eat....eventually. Sigh. 

He also suggested I try to ignore her daily intake, and focus on the whole week instead. This makes sense to me because it is true that some days she will eat three well balanced meals, and the next day hardly anything at all. He reassured me that she is built tall & skinny, and that's just fine. 


Oh, then after all that, he mentioned she should be eating fish twice a week.
I literally asked him, "are you trying to be funny right now?"
I would love her for her to eat fish twice a week, but what a joke! 
I can't even convince her to eat fish shaped crackers.

The little brother is pictured below.
He was very sweet and well behaved while big sister had her check up.
Also, he is beginning to lose that baby look. I don't like that. 



Lyla's two year old stats can be found here!
 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment