Jan 10, 2014

Lyla: 2 Year Old Check Up

Weight: 26 lbs 5 oz, 57th percentile
Height: 34.5 inches, 62nd percentile
Head: 19.5 inches, 95th percentile

Well. All the bragging I've previously done about
 how well Lyla does at the doctor office finally backfired.
She was not nice to the doctor. not one bit. 
She is emerging into this two year old role very quickly!

I had to physically hold her down for the shot in her leg,
which I'm sure will traumatize her for years to come.
Yeah. It was chaos. I'm glad that appointment is over with.



I'm pretty positive the shot was not an actual vaccine they
 injected into her tiny body, but a terrible two inducing serum.
 I'm convinced the world of pediatrics is playing a cruel trick on parents nationwide.

This is not a joke. This week has been killer. 
I'm feeling defeated. I've temporarily lost my mommy mojo.
It has topped the charts for one the most challenging of motherhood thus far.

At first I thought all this was in my head. 
I thought Lyla's extra sassy attitude and refusal to nap was just my imagination playing games.
 I'm still hoping [praying/crossing my fingers/crossing my legs/wishing on stars]
we are still readjusting after our two week runner in Idaho. 

Regardless, there are a lot of changes happening in that little two year old body. 
It seems she is experiencing so many emotions. I am trying to be patient. calm. understanding. 
For the moment we are struggling, but I know we will make it out alive. 

Kirk says she is going through two-berty.
Which is probably a lot less scary than actual puberty.

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment