Jan 14, 2014

A Fresh Week

We had an extra fun weekend and so far, I'm feeling good about the week.
I'm slowly regaining my control and at the very least, I'm not 
wanting to crawl under my covers and scream.




There is still this new unfamiliar toddler person living inside Lyla.
I'm getting to know that person and working on figuring out works best to tame that fiery rage.
But for the most part her sassy level is back to a cute and tolerable level
 rather than the scary and irrational one like last week.

She has made some big strides with potty training this week.
I will leave out graphic details just in case her future boyfriend finds this blog in 16 years.
We are moving at a gradual pace, but moving along nonetheless.

The newest problem around here has been bedtime.
Lyla has never given us any grief at bedtime. She has always made it so easy & simple.
Staying asleep for her is a whole different story---but the initial 
bedtime phase has always been a breeze.
Until now, that is. 

We are many moons late on this one, but the time has come to say goodbye to the bottle.
As a result, she has replaced that source of comfort by having mommy or daddy 
lay next to her in bed until she is sound asleep. Leaving the room is not an option.

A handful of books and forty minutes later, we attempt to sneak out of the room as
she shoots up in a sleepy blur  and shouts "no mommy, lay down." 
It usually takes 2-3 attempts before a successful exit is achieved. 

The only problem I have with this new time consuming 
bedtime routine is that it cuts into my hang time with Kirk. 
The other problem is she insists on this nonsense at nap time now too.
This would be a completely enjoyable part of my day if she were an only child. 
But she isn't. Max is here too and if I didn't have other people in the house
to help me out right now I literally have no idea what I would do. 

On the flip side, Max has relaxed compared to last week as well.
I think I may have been right about our return from Idaho sending everyone on the fritz.
It would only make sense that it would take longer for the little's to readjust.

I nearly have Max's nap schedule back on track.
They remain shorter than I would prefer, but we are taking it one step at a time.
Secretly, I often reminisce about the three hour long siestas of the past
 and I am keeping my fingers crossed they find their way back to us.

Mobile-Max is on the way! He is so so so close to crawling.
His hand coordination isn't quite there yet and face plants multiple times a day.
One "step" closer to keeping up with his sister Lyla. 

Well. A little ranting. A little update. I think that's all for now.
These changes are challenging but there is no place else I'd rather be. 
At the end of the day, I hope my babies know I love them
 more than anything in existence. 

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment