Jan 16, 2014

2014 Resolutions

I'm typically not one to make New Year's Resolutions. 
I think personal growth is important all year long, 
but this year I was just feeling the resolution thing.

I have high hopes for 2014. Plus it's the first year in three I won't be a pregnant person.
My body did its time and now I can put all my energy into this wonderful family we created. 

My 2014 resolutions are...

1. Do better at remembering birthdays. 
I want to remind the people I love how special they are to me.
 Especially now that I'm 1700 miles from home.

2. Be a little greener.
I want my little's to be kind to the earth, effortlessly.
 I want recycling to be the norm. 
Who knows. Maybe we'll plant a tree.

3. Use social media less
Facebook can be a sea of comparison.
Pinterest can create feelings of inadequacy.
Blog stalking can cause mommy doubt.

Nobody needs any of that.
 I want to learn to trust myself more and as such, I will be cutting back.

On a separate note, my first accomplishment of the year is as follows:
I discovered a way to get Lyla to smile for pictures again.



Hold her down & tickle her of course. 

And my strong little buddy. Soon to be a crawler!!!





 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment