It is cold here! There is something wrong with me. My brain thinks 100 degrees is going to melt me and 50 degrees is freezing. I think the problem here is I am spoiled. I have Idaho blood, and yet I am actually complaining about the dropping temperatures this week. I'm pretty sure the 16 year old version of me wore booty shorts and tank tops when it hit 50 degrees in Idaho.
I miss Idaho. I miss watching the snow fall. Nothing beats a white Christmas. But I do not miss the cold.
The cold weather matches our hellish week perfectly. Lyla & Max have been passing around the toddler tantrum hot potato all week. Really. I think they broke each others records in the dramatic performances department. They have been really pleasant prior to this week, so I am finding it difficult to determine any reasoning for their streak of frightening behavior. I think we were just due for some hard days. Those hard days test my patience and make me feel weak. I think the most challenging lesson for Lyla and Max right now is having to share my attention. It's difficult on all of us. Today I cleared everything productive from our calendar. We stayed home all day to focus on happy attitudes, myself included. Most tantrums are a result of a miscommunication and if I try really hard, I can usually stop them in their tracks.
I do see light at the end of the tunnel and that light is called FRIDAY. I'm looking forward to two full days to recharge our batteries and spend some quality time with Kirk. Here's to hoping we start Monday with smiles!
I do see light at the end of the tunnel and that light is called FRIDAY. I'm looking forward to two full days to recharge our batteries and spend some quality time with Kirk. Here's to hoping we start Monday with smiles!
I considered posting photos of their screaming faces. But I would prefer to let those memories fade far far into the archive section of my brain. We had a few happy moments this week too. I'm going to choose to remember those instead. I made this play dough and infused it with lavender in hopes of calming their woeful spirits. Did it work? Here's a hint...NOPE.



No comments:
Post a Comment