Weight: 24 pounds 12 oz, 45th percentile
Height: 33 1/2 inches, 75th percentile
Head: 19 inches, 75th percentile
Max had his doctor appointment this week. He grew nearly three inches in three months but didn't even gain one pound. This was alarming for me. The doctor claims this is a normal phase of growth. And since he is such an active boy, he probably burns more calories than he eats. He is always eating. And he is always on the go. So I guess it makes sense. He's a healthy boy. That's the important thing. Still, I can't help but feel stressed about it.
I thought I had some parenting strategies figured out, but the same methods are proving to work differently on Max. I guess that's why they say raising a boy is a lot different than raising a girl. I told the doctor how Max finds humor in not following direction and gave some examples of his meltdowns. Then he gave me the 411 on male psychology, as he always does. His tips are always amusing. This time he said men don't want women to tell them what to do, but they need women to tell them what to do. He advised that anytime I request something from Max, it should be followed by five praises. This goes for husbands too. He said men need to feel important and acknowledged. They are egotistical creatures. Apparently females can typically follow instruction without so much recognition. This is just a theory about the way our brains are wired, but I think he might be onto something. LOL!
He didn't cry for his shot. He never cries. He always gives a slightly irritated look to the nurse, but that's about it. Lyla held his hand and she claims this is why he did not cry. They are so cute.
here is Maxwell's fifteen month check up!


No comments:
Post a Comment