Sep 8, 2014

Maxwell: 15 Month Check-Up

Maxwell passed another checkpoint on the growing scale and that means yet another doctor appointment and one more shot in the leg. We are getting pretty professional at these things. 


Weight: 24 pounds 6 oz, 50th percentile
Height: 31 3/4 inches, 90th percentile
Head: 18 1/2 inches, 75th percentile

He only gained four ounces since his last weigh in. I know. I'm thinking the same thing. Say whaaaat? How does that add up if he is literally always eating? [i just read on my little 15 month handout that I should not use food as a reward. hahahaha what a silly tip.] Anyway, he is definitely a very active little boy nowadays, so I guess he is just thinning out. The sumo wrestler in Max has retired. That's just how it is. 

Another thing boggling my mind is how do we [me & kirk]  have tall children?    



A few doctor appointment highlights include:

1. The one thing that continues to impress me with this doctor is his style of practice. As I said before, he is old school and it never feels rushed. I love how he involves Lyla in the appointment and asks her questions about being a big sister. He gives her tips on how to deal with brothers who steal toys. I can tell she really listens to him. It is nice having someone new to explain those tough little brother situations because she has definitely learned to tune this mom voice out if she pleases. 

2. The doctor was surprised that Max has never visited his office for an illness. He commented that 90% of babies age 9-15 months go to the doctor at some point for an illness that requires an antibiotic. I don't know if that is a legit statistic, but hearing it was enough to make me happy. Max has never suffered through any flu symptoms, ear infections, asthma issues, allergic reactions, or other common crap that seems to attract the baby immune system. I'm definitely grateful for his health. 

3. Max doesn't like cow milk. I'm not overly concerned about it because A. he just barely made the no boob adjustment and B. like most things with toddlers, I know he will eventually surrender and [do i dare say it?] like milk! The doctor suggested I flavor the milk with chocolate or strawberry. I was surprised to hear this suggestion come from a doctor. I actually think it's a brilliant idea, just surprised is all. I need to be more consistent about offering it to him.

4. The doctor kept calling Max "so laid back" during his check up. I am only including this small bit of information in this blog entry because Kirk is extra pleased with the reputation his little man seems to be building for himself. It must be that "like father like son" mentality that makes him proud. Lol. Also, Max didn't cry or even flinch after his shot. I mean come on, Max. I was at least expecting a little wimper, but nothing. not a peep. 

However, I did hear him let out a loud & unusual scream immediately after laying him down for his afternoon nap. Afterwards, I discovered the band-aid from earlier pressed against the sheets in his crib and assumed he probably ripped that thing off. Haha. 




To visit Max's previous check up please click here
 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

1 comment: