Weight: 24 pounds 2 oz, 50th percentile
Height: 30 1/2 inches, 85th percentile
Head: 18.5 inches, 75th percentile
Max had his one year check up today. It was our first time seeing a new doctor and I am so impressed with the one I found. Dr. Leass is veteran when it comes to the world of pediatrics. He is definitely old school and as he spoke, it felt like I was getting a lesson in childhood development 101. He is so wise and I had a comforting feeling of affirmation, as the parenting techniques he suggested are some that I already put into practice. I try to stay pretty informed on my babies developmental stages, but he enlightened me even more on some behaviors that differ from male to female that I hadn't thought of.
Another thing that I was really impressed with was how fond Max was of him. He let Max sit on his lap and search through all the pockets of his big white doctor coat. He definitely has the grandpa touch and I felt really comfortable with him. However, he is a pusher for the flu shot soooo we might not be as good of friends this Fall when I shut him down on that one.
We didn't have to wait for what usually seems like eternity in the waiting room. His office is decked out in Disney movie posters and had toys to keep older siblings occupied. Oh, and I just remembered one more awesome thing. The nurse was so friendly and delicate. She even told Max she was so sorry for making him cry. In the past nurses have hurried through the poke of the shot and then left the room as quickly as possible.
It was a really refreshing doctor visit and I am so happy I found Dr. Leass. He is exactly who I have been searching for since Lyla was born, just I was beginning to lose hope that doctors like him do still exist.
It was a really refreshing doctor visit and I am so happy I found Dr. Leass. He is exactly who I have been searching for since Lyla was born, just I was beginning to lose hope that doctors like him do still exist.
If you want to check out Max's stats from his previous check-up just click here!



No comments:
Post a Comment