Jun 26, 2014

Beach Time Baby!

Kirk's parents rounded up all the family in Idaho and flew down to Texas for a few days. We rented a big beach house in Galveston and headed that way as soon as they arrived. This all happened a couple weekends ago, but I'm a little behind on my blogging. Deal with it. 





Lyla was super pumped about going to the beach. It is pretty much all we talked about for the week prior. For a few days anytime we got in the car she asked, "beach house?" I'm not sure if she could comprehend exactly where we were going, but all the talk about the beach and sandcastle building definitely had her excited. We had a blast. It was awesome having everyone under one roof. I think when I win the lottery I will buy a beach house. [on a much nicer beach, however.] 

After returning from Galveston it took a couple  days for me to get back in a normal routine. Then I realized it was the first time we slept overnight anywhere besides our own house since our trip to Idaho during Christmas. That was six months ago. Six months is a long time, considering before the babies Kirk and I would frequently go out of town on the weekends for some fun. Aww, gotta love those nostalgic feelings of reminiscing life before parenthood. Ha. 

Anyway, the problem with people visiting us in Texas is it always puts me in "vacation mode" as well. Oh, they are eating carbs for every meal? I should do that too. Oh, they are shopping for a new wardrobe? I should do that too. Yes, I think I will neglect my laundry. Those dirty dishes can wait. At one point I watched Lyla's little body twitch several times as she tried to fall asleep and that's when I knew I had to cut grandma off from sneaking her pulls of Diet Coke. The caffeine bribes are guaranteed to work like a charm, but let's just stick to obsessing over Frozen songs. 

It's all worth it though. We had so much fun and it was especially wonderful to meet the newest addition to the family, baby Scarlett. She is so sweet, even her cry is so soft and delicate. It's insane how giant Max looks compared next to her tiny body. Max displayed some signs of jealousy when she first arrived. Then he realized she wasn't trying to claim his set of milk jugs and gave her several kisses. It was so cute watching Lyla get to play the role of the older cousin for the first time. She was extra gentle with her and always offered to help out, with the exception of peeing on her in the bathtub. We are sorry about that, Scarlett. As you could assume, there is more to this story and a picture to go along with it. However, I'm not a promoter of kiddie porn so it's staying off the blog. 

We made some great memories during their visit. I can tell Lyla is starting to understand and appreciate spending quality time with family. It's important to me that she recognizes that at a young age. Max grew very attached to his grandpa. He started saying the word "papa" and even cried when he left to go home. I think that made grandpa feel pretty good. It's a good thing we will see them again in less than month when we venture to Idaho!






It's all worth it though. We had so much fun and it was especially wonderful to meet the newest addition to the family, baby Scarlett. She is so sweet, even her cry is so soft and delicate. It's insane how giant Max looks compared next to her tiny body. Max displayed some signs of jealousy when she first arrived. In typical fashion, he started giving nonstop kisses once he learned she wasn't trying to claim his set of milk jugs. It was so cute watching Lyla get to play the role of the older cousin for the first time. She was extra gentle with her and always offered to help out, with the exception of peeing on her in the bathtub. We are sorry about that, Scarlett. As you could assume, there is more to this story and a picture to go along with it. However, I don't promote kiddie porn so it's not going on the blog. 

We made some great memories during their visit. I can tell Lyla is starting to understand and appreciate spending time with family. It's important to me that she recognizes that at a young age. Max grew very attached to his grandpa. He started saying the word "papa" and even cried when he left to go home. I think that made grandpa feel pretty good. It's a good thing we will see them again in less than month when we venture to Idaho!






 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment