Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the state of Texas!
There are some sketchy dads out there and Kirk is definitely not one of them.
Being a dad comes naturally for him and I'm lucky I get to
witness the bond grow between him and our babies.
some dad moments that I'm particularly fond of:
1. The moment Kirk arrives home from work Lyla swings open the front door and runs down the driveway to greet him. She is usually squealing like a hyena and running at full speed, which makes it even more enjoyable to watch.
2. I love that Lyla truly thinks her dad can fix anything. If a toy or household item breaks, her automatic response is, "don't worry mommy, dad will fix it."
3. I love watching Max's hands wrap tighter around Kirk's neck as I reach for him to come to me. It's a confusing feeling of rejection mixed with joy whenever it happens.
4. I love that Kirk lets Max sit on the counter every morning as he gets ready for work. If Max wakes up after Kirk, he will waddle his way into the bathroom and bang on the shower door. I interpret this as Max saying, "hey dad, you started without me!!! Eventually I get my eyes to stay half open and stagger my way in to see Max with a big smile on his face, bobbing his little head to Notorious BIG or some other 90's classic.
This parenting gig is the most valuable gift life has ever given me. It is so rewarding. challenging. hilarious. stressful. fascinating. chaotic. There is nobody else I would want to share this experience with. I love you, Kirk!


LIKE.
ReplyDelete