I read an article somewhere at some point, probably on something stupid like Pinterest or another parenting blog. It suggested to hang portraits at a child's eye level so they can enjoy the artwork and overall decor of their bedroom. What toddler doesn't love an aesthetically pleasing bedroom!? For some reason, I thought this was a brilliant idea. It must be all that pressure to fulfill every single nonexistent desire for my kids.
Anyway, Max received some superhero canvas wall hangings for Christmas. Kirk must have thought my plan was pretty clever as well, since he hung up all four canvas pieces without his usual skepticism of my ideas. I will acknowledge that the low hanging art theory did attract Max's attention, Lyla too actually. They both like to match up the action figures with the appropriate superhero on the wall....and then rip them down when they finish! Those poor canvases didn't even last an hour on that wall. I have hung them back up repeatedly, yet I continue to find them stacked on the floor. So, unless you plan on using a super heavy duty glue to attach a portrait at eye level for a child...this is probably the WORST idea anyone has ever had.
The end.
Side note: Max's new thing is wanting to layer his t-shirts. He is wearing a total of three in these photos. I think it's the early stages of wanting to dress himself. It actually works out pretty great cause he still drools an absurd amount, so now I can just take off a shirt and bam! He's fresh again.






No comments:
Post a Comment