My dad's adventure was half way over when my little brother arrived. Jake's energy is the essence of our family dynamic and it almost felt like the old days. You know...the 90's. It's obvious we are each others roots. My brother proved he still has the ability to annoy me in under 24 hours. He drives me crazy in the best way. I would still prefer to keep him around as long as possible, even if I want to claw his face. For some reason I have no filter when it comes to my brother and I have no problem channeling all my mean energy towards him. I feel like I should feel bad about it, but I don't. Because he is a turd. It's just how it is. I even yelled at him for not trying hard enough to speak in Barbie voice properly. He just rolls his eyes at me because he is used to it. And then I question why Lyla is so bossy!? Ha.
Anyway, my birthday was honestly the best day. I was a little worried when I checked a month ago and realized it would fall on a Monday. That day is typically a downer, so I had low expectations. I figured I would call it a good day if I didn't have to lock myself in my bedroom for a five minute breather. Hey...it happens sometimes.
That was before my house guests made their spur of the moment plans. I am so glad they did. We celebrated my birthday with my Texas family at Benihana's for dinner on Saturday. Then me, my brother, dad, and kiddos went to Galveston on Monday for my actual birthday. My last experience at Galveston was only slightly enjoyable because Max was still in the high-maintenance baby stage. Plus, the beach was covered in sea weed. It smelled like poo. To my surprise, the seaweed has vanished and the beach now looks perfect. We had a great time flying kites, building castles, and splashing in the water. We picked a terrible restaurant for lunch, but turned it into a humorous experience rather than a negative one. Lastly, we stopped at the old fashioned candy story on our way out of town.
The thing about the beaches around here is the sand hangs onto your body for dear life. I think it's the humidity. I really need to make it to a beach with beautiful, pure white sand in the near future. Anyway, we made it home just in time to wash off the layer of sand, then Olivia brought over a delicious birthday cake. Lyla had been asking all. day. long. about the birthday cake. I don't think she could understand how it was my birthday without any presence of cake. It was a fantastic day and a great way to start my new year. Shout out to my mom for pushing me out of her uterus.
Speaking of my mom, her and my dad swapped places. My dad went back to Idaho and my mom is officially in Texas. It's like the divorced version of a family vacation. I will likely be blogging about the variety of scarves she brought with her very soon.











No comments:
Post a Comment