The good news is Taylor & Jordan decided to make their stay in Texas permanent...the bad news is they didn't want to live with us forever. ;) Luckily, they found an adorable home within close proximity & were able to get settled in last week. Although we are going to miss seeing their faces every day, we are super excited about having more family members in Texas. On the other hand, they are likely looking forward to a break from the two monkeys who frequently bang on their door first thing in the morning requesting to perform check-ups, sing songs, and/or pick out their clothes for the day. They never complained even once about the constant harassment.
Lyla has amped up the drama by making Taylor promise to never forget her --- I think her powerful performances are impressive enough to win her an award someday. She truly admires her aunt and they have undoubtedly developed an unbreakable bond. The nonstop make-up tutorials, nail painting, fort building, ice-cream sneaking, and "pink pants dancing" has resulted in a four month long fiesta. And I'm really going to miss Max wanting to eat anything Jordan is eating. In case you don't know Jordan, I should probably clarify that Max mimicking his eating habits is a good thing. Oh, except for that one time he fed him an energy drink. I'll have to remember that one when they have kids someday. Hehee!
We have made some really fun memories together. They were excellent roomies & we miss them already! Is it too soon for a family sleepover?
I'm joking...
Not.
Overall, I feel really fortunate that our kids have lived with so many various family members over the past few years. They will always have two parents who love them dearly, but more times than not they've had at least two other influential adults in their daily lives. I reflect back to the early days when I took Lyla to work with me. She was the office baby & everyone played a role in keeping her content throughout the day. My uncle [boss man] was definitely a trooper to embrace that transitional time for me. The grandmas were also so sweet to volunteer so much time to baby Lyla. She won't remember those days, but they still mean a lot to me.
Then we lived with Charli & Jeremy for several months upon first relocating to Texas, Kurt & Olivia lived with us for a year, followed by Taylor & Jordan who moved in this summer. We were able to share a lot of meaningful milestones with a lot of different people. It's been a rare opportunity to temporarily combine our home-lifestyle with so many amazing people. I think it's pretty neat. The assortment has been immensely beneficial for the kids --- I especially notice a positive impact on Max, who tends to attach himself to the male species after a long day of only female interaction.
We have made some really fun memories together. They were excellent roomies & we miss them already! Is it too soon for a family sleepover?
I'm joking...
Not.
Overall, I feel really fortunate that our kids have lived with so many various family members over the past few years. They will always have two parents who love them dearly, but more times than not they've had at least two other influential adults in their daily lives. I reflect back to the early days when I took Lyla to work with me. She was the office baby & everyone played a role in keeping her content throughout the day. My uncle [boss man] was definitely a trooper to embrace that transitional time for me. The grandmas were also so sweet to volunteer so much time to baby Lyla. She won't remember those days, but they still mean a lot to me.
Then we lived with Charli & Jeremy for several months upon first relocating to Texas, Kurt & Olivia lived with us for a year, followed by Taylor & Jordan who moved in this summer. We were able to share a lot of meaningful milestones with a lot of different people. It's been a rare opportunity to temporarily combine our home-lifestyle with so many amazing people. I think it's pretty neat. The assortment has been immensely beneficial for the kids --- I especially notice a positive impact on Max, who tends to attach himself to the male species after a long day of only female interaction.
I am happy with the tribe surrounding our family, thank you if you are part of it.










Love you.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
ReplyDelete