Summer has officially arrived. We are over here just trying not to melt. The heat actually doesn't seem as dreadful as it has in the past, so I guess that means I'm adapting or something like that. I thought I would share a few giggle-worthy stories with the blog. I will try to keep them short and sweet, but sometimes I can't stop these hands from typing in rambling mode.
I took Lyla with me to run some errands over the weekend and we stopped in at Marshall's. As we were approaching the entrance, we noticed two police officers escorting a couple into a cop car. It was obvious they had been shoplifting and I took the opportunity to explain the consequences of stealing to Lyla. Her response: "Well, the girl still looks cute." Haha! I didn't expect that observation to come from her, but I appreciate she found some silver lining. Yes, that will be one good looking mug shot. Then I considered maybe she thinks pretty people can't make bad choices. If only the world was truly that transparent...what a refreshing perspective we would all have.
The next story is about my little buddy, Max. We temporarily adopted a kitten while Kurt & Olivia were travelling over the past week or so. He is the sweetest little fur baby and Max immediately took full ownership of sir-no-name kitty. I was hesitant to allow the kitty to interact with Krew unsupervised, so Max was in charge of tucking kitty into our guest bedroom each night and closing the door. As the days passed and kitty warmed up to his new surroundings, I noticed the typical feline-canine tension was nonexistent between them. They even brushed noses more than once. I decided they passed the test and it would probably be fine to release kitty from his nightly prison. He would likely be happier exploring the house and/or sleeping somewhere of his own choosing. The only problem is I made this decision after Max was asleep, so he was not informed of the change in kitty sleeping arrangements. It didn't even cross my mind, to be honest. I just went to bed as normal. My eyes shot open at exactly 6:00 am and I was surprised to see Max standing quietly on my side of the bed. I asked what he was doing, as this is an unusually early wake time for him. As he cradled kitty in both his arms, he whispered, "kitty needs to go back to bed." I rolled out of bed giggling and helped Max get kitty settled in the guest room. I was thankful Max fell back asleep for a couple hours, but I imagine kitty felt robbed of his freedom. Haha! Sorry kitty. Max loves you!
My last story is about a conversation we had during dinner just this evening. We were making predictions about how much longer we think Lyla will remain taller than Max. This led to a discussion about puberty and Kirk pointed out that if Max follows in his footsteps he could potentially start growing hair in weird places in nine short years. Knowing I was being slightly dramatic, I expressed how heartbreaking that will be for me. That's when Lyla chimed in, "Mom, we will still be here. And we will always call you Mom." She won my heart with that logical statement.




I'm going to teach Lyla to call you "Kaili". 😜
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. But you seriously have the sweetest kids in the world.
Oh my goodness. Max has the best facial expressions.
ReplyDelete