My own mother questions why I would choose to be in pain
if there are so many options available allowing otherwise.
However, I feel very strongly about having a natural child birth.
The female body was designed to endure labor,
and although I appreciate the advances of modern medicine,
I would really really like to do this on my own.
I feel there is something magical, something euphoric about
the birthing process that every woman is meant to experience.
Now, I am not underestimating what I expect to be
the most excruciating pain I will ever go through.
I am also fully aware of the unexpected complications that may arise.
I have done my research and packed my brain full of stories.
calm-wonderful-perfect-baby-comes-right-out-as-planned stories, and
horrible-terrifying-tragic-everything-went-wrong stories.
horrible-terrifying-tragic-everything-went-wrong stories.
Stories from women all around the world who have
chosen to share their experience.
chosen to share their experience.
I have ran through every possible scenario in my head.
I am familiar with the "ring of fire" as well as the
I am familiar with the "ring of fire" as well as the
teeth clenching, fist gripping contractions.
I have heard there will most likely be ripping.
Kirk is also fully aware he may suffer through severe belittling
and hear foul curse words exit my mouth.
I am very fearful of the unknown,
but I am mentally prepared for this, entirely.
I have not completely shunned the idea of injecting
my body with drugs to numb the pain.
Honestly, it really does sound quite nice, not to mention less stressful.
I'm a bit terrified of getting a huge needle shoved into my spine,
but I am still open to the idea if I can not tolerate the pain on my own.
Honestly, it really does sound quite nice, not to mention less stressful.
I'm a bit terrified of getting a huge needle shoved into my spine,
but I am still open to the idea if I can not tolerate the pain on my own.
If I do end up giving into an epidural,
I will tuck my head and humbly accept the
"I told ya so" and "fail" comments.
"I told ya so" and "fail" comments.
But I truly believe I can do this.
I trust my body. I trust my baby. I can do this.
Maybe it's just for the sense of accomplishment. Maybe it's for bragging rights.
Maybe it's the fact that if I can do this, I can conquer anything.
I just think there is something to be said about
a woman who succeeds at having a natural child birth.
Whether that something is good or bad, you can decide for yourself.
Whether I will be one of "those" women, we will soon find out!
I just think there is something to be said about
a woman who succeeds at having a natural child birth.
Whether that something is good or bad, you can decide for yourself.
Whether I will be one of "those" women, we will soon find out!
Stay tuned.
I think you can definitely do it! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete