Thanksgiving was delicious, as usual.
Kirk and I were committed to three dinners this year,
but had to throw in the white flag after devouring two meals.
Due to the fact that my stomach is now resting directly under my rib cage,
I have been trying to limit my portion sizes.
Due to the fact that my stomach is now resting directly under my rib cage,
I have been trying to limit my portion sizes.
One slice of pie and I become extremely uncomfortable!
However, I think we can all agree that it is nearly impossible to
limit your food intake on Thanksgiving.
So I was basically in pain all day....
everything was just so tasty!
everything was just so tasty!
After a delightful weekend relaxing & spending time with family,
I was saddened by the passing of my great-grandma Lila.
I was saddened by the passing of my great-grandma Lila.
The wise, old soul passed away in her sleep on Sunday, November 27, 2011.
She was very weak and I think she was ready to be at peace.
I was hoping my little girl would have the opportunity to meet her
She was very weak and I think she was ready to be at peace.
I was hoping my little girl would have the opportunity to meet her
great-great grandma, not many people do.
But perhaps they have met and my grandma is enlightening
my little one about all her kooky family members and
preparing her for the enormous amounts of love she will soon encounter.
I had the chance to spend some time with my great-grandma
while she was still responsive and alert.
She would often forget that I was pregnant and would thank me
for reminding her that I wasn't just getting fat.
Also, during that time, I told her we were thinking about naming our
daughter Lila and asked if she would be alright with that.
Her response was amusing to me, she said,
"Oh, Sure, I don't care. I hate that name."
I was puzzled and asked why she hated her name, she explained that
Her response was amusing to me, she said,
"Oh, Sure, I don't care. I hate that name."
I was puzzled and asked why she hated her name, she explained that
a lot of people throughout her life called her "Lee-La" instead of "Lie-La".
Kirk and I decided to prevent that life-long-hatred and problem
for our daughter by simply changing the spelling.
She will be Lyla, instead of Lila.
She will be Lyla, instead of Lila.
I love old-fashioned names. Kirk loves the "southern" touch.
And I love that my daughter will always remind me of the
fond memories I have with my great-grandma Lila.
No comments:
Post a Comment