Apr 15, 2012

Blissful

As I prepare for another work week, I realize I'm not ready yet.
I need just a few more days of doing nothing.
I need one more weekend of spending quality time with my baby.
I need more of that genuine, uninterrupted, bonding time.
Her days as a baby are limited & play time is critical.

In my picture perfect world new mommies would be
temporarily excused from their financial responsibilities to
ensure they were spending adequate time with their new babes. 
....society really took a wrong turn on that one.

sigh.sigh.sigh
no more complaining!

I am grateful that I am allowed to bring Lyla to work with me, 
even if it isn't exclusive playtime.
I am grateful that Kirk and I are able to independently provide for our baby.
I am grateful for the free time I am able to spend with Lyla.
I am grateful for my amazing support system. 

I continue to remind myself that the circumstances
 of others aren't always as wonderful...
Lyla is so loved and so blessed.

Our weekend in pictures...

Lyla was supposed to help me fold her laundry,
but she decided to zonk out instead.

 "ummm, guys, I really want that orange juice."

 Lyla holding her own bottle...like a boss.

 watching basketball with dad...
must have been an intense game.


taking a snooze on a Sunday afternoon.

And this picture is from awhile ago,
but I just stumbled upon it and 
I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment