Apr 2, 2012

Birthday Bash for Momma

Lyla's first big adventure outside of the
great state of potatoes was to Salt Lake City.
 (she has traveled to Wyoming...but that was only for one day, so we will pretend this is her first venture.)

The inspiration for this weekend getaway was the birthday of yours truly.
Just as with road trips from my childhood,
 I sat in the back seat, looking out the window, daydreaming, 
with the occasional, "mom, are we there yet?"
 Except this time, for the first time, I was with my baby girl and my love.
Thinking to myself, this is the good life.

Our weekend consisted of the following:

"the whole entire bed just for me? aww guys, you shouldn't have!"

 LOTS of cuddling.

 The girl showing off how strong she is....

Being silly with her dad...

Shopping at the new City Creek....
(she really did enjoy it!)

 
It was very much past her bedtime, but the little girl powered through it.
She's a trooper party-animal.

"mmmm, my finger tastes sooo good!"

and finally, the ride home....
"please mom, nooo more reeses"
(kidding. this picture was set up for comedic purposes only. 
the baby did not eat any chocolate during this trip.)

Overall, a very very fun birthday!
SLC is close enough to home,
yet has better shopping and nicer weather.
Also, Lyla did very well during the car rides...
slept the entire time.

I always thought 23 was a grown up.
sooo I guess I'm grown up?
No. No. I'm just better than ever at being a kid.
Oh yes, and I made a kid of my own. 
It still boggles my mind that I am a mother.
me! a mom! wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment