I am feeling a bit dispensable lately....
Why must my little baby have the desire to be so independent?
Why must my little baby have the desire to be so independent?
She is getting really good at falling asleep on her own.
So good, that I think she is beginning to prefer it.
During the evenings she no longer requires a bottle or being rocked before bed.
I simply lay her into the crib, give her a kiss, turn on the ocean sounds,
she talks to herself for a few minutes, and then falls sound asleep.
While this does make things easier on me,
it makes my heart ache just a little.
Allow me to share another example where Miss Lyla proved her point even further....
it makes my heart ache just a little.
Allow me to share another example where Miss Lyla proved her point even further....
I happily accept help during the work week from anyone who offers,
but I continue to take her to work with me most days and
I'm still struggling to find a consistent routine with her.
She seriously needs to improve her work ethic.
She enjoys checking things out around the office.
She enjoys being a distraction.
She enjoys being held.
She enjoys action.
I'm still struggling to find a consistent routine with her.
She seriously needs to improve her work ethic.
She enjoys checking things out around the office.
She enjoys being a distraction.
She enjoys being held.
She enjoys action.
This is great and fun, but at the end of the day
I'm just not satisfied with the work I'm able to accomplish.
I am, however, getting really good at typing with one hand.
I'm just not satisfied with the work I'm able to accomplish.
I am, however, getting really good at typing with one hand.
Anyways, back to my original point!
Lyla is turning into a self-soother.
Lyla is turning into a self-soother.
I was desperately trying to put her down for a nap at work and nothing was working.
So, I figured I would try the same method that we've been doing at home.
I found a nice nature station on Pandora,
laid her in the crib in her "office", and shut the door.
Just like at home, five minutes max and she was lights out.
Clearly, my soothing skills were irritating her and she just wanted some alone time.
SAD MOM.
laid her in the crib in her "office", and shut the door.
Just like at home, five minutes max and she was lights out.
Clearly, my soothing skills were irritating her and she just wanted some alone time.
SAD MOM.
No comments:
Post a Comment