May 5, 2012

Happy Cinco de Mayo

This day is significant to me.
One year ago today I learned I was pregnant.

A little story...
I took my chances and ripped open that intimidating plastic stick, 
aka the pregnancy test. eek!
The result was just as I suspected. 

I told Kirk immediately. 
He didn't believe it, because how could a pregnancy test
 from the dollar store possibly be accurate? 

I purchased a few more tests, which continued to test positive. 
However, I don't think reality really sunk in for Kirk really until
I obtained a positive test from the doctor's office. 

Well, fast forward one year. 
Here we are. We have Lyla.
 our beautiful, smart, amazing baby girl.

I survived pregnancy. Kirk survived pregnancy. (ha)
and we both survived those shocking first few weeks of becoming parents.
Now I don't think either of us can even imagine life without little Lyla.

It's pretty interesting to me that in the beginning of my pregnancy
I would obsess over the thought of having a boy or girl.

It's clear to me now that I wasn't looking for a specific gender...
I was looking for Lyla. She is exactly who I wanted.
we were meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment