May 22, 2012

The Usual

As I begin to type, I think to myself, 
don't do it...you're going to jinx it...
but of course I keep typing!

The awesomeness I want to share is that Lyla is 
officially sleeping eight hours through the night. 
Yes, yes, this means no longer waking up for no reason. 
Sound asleep for eight straight hours. 
ahhh bliss!

The second part I am about to jinx myself on...
After the eight hours of sleep, she wakes up to eat
and falls back asleep for three more hours.

This makes me so happy, but I'm not expecting it to be a permanent thing.
We've made a lot of progress, I was getting worried she 
was going to sleep with us in our bed forever...
 
Regardless, I'm still not getting my hopes up.
I continue to tell myself that this sleeping pattern will not stick around. 
I assume that, just like everything else, this too shall pass. 
Plus, it has only been four nights so far. 
I don't even think that's really brag worthy.

I just wish my body would relax at night and enjoy this peaceful period.
  Instead I'm still waking up every two hours in a panic, 
thinking there must be something wrong with Lyla!
I dash into her room and find her just as I left her, sleeping like baby...
(it's funny cause she is a baby)

In other news, Lyla is finally up to six ounces per feeding.
I don't believe this to be a milestone or anything,
but I'm happy she is eating more because I still feel she isn't fat enough.
Actually, I just decided that fat isn't the right word. It's okay if she isn't chubby.
I simply want to ensure she is getting adequate nutrition.
I want to ensure she is eating as much as a four month old should.
I think she caught my drift and we have now compromised on six ounces.

If any non-mothers read my blog they probably think I'm a big freak.
but HEY, sleeping and eating are very important factors in the life of a baby.

Aside from the basics, she is in such a cute stage right now.
Motherhood is a blessing. It is also very challenging.
I will be the first to admit that I've, selfishly, wished for certain
 baby stages to pack their bags and get the heck out.
But right now, I have no complaints.
Let's just freeze time right where we are... 

A friend brought her newborn baby over to my house recently and 
it was shocking to see the difference between the newborn and Lyla.
I really hadn't realized how much she has grown and changed 
until this little munchkin came over to hang out.

Lyla, of course, totally invaded his bubble and violated his face.
And when he began to cry, she looked at me with
 a very concerned look on her face.
She was fascinated by him and it was adorable to watch.

This is Lyla's other baby friend from my work.
She also likes to invade her bubble and touch her face.
We haven't really discussed "manners" with her yet...

All of the things I wished to happen before, I take them back. 
I want her to stay exactly the way she is.
No more growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment