After 23 glorious years I am saying 'goodbye' to Idaho and 'hello' to Texas.
I love Idaho.
I don't want to leave this beautiful state.
I don't want to leave my mom. my pops. my bro. my gram. my gramps.
my aunt. my uncle. my cousins. kirk's fam. my friends.
I need them! all of them!
I don't want to leave the traditions I know and love.
I don't want to leave familiarity.
I don't want to quit my job.
This is my home!
But the stars have aligned and opportunity is calling our name.
You see, Kirk's sister and brother-in-law are constantly
trying to recruit their Idaho family members to Texas.
I've turned them down at least one million times,
but they finally hooked us, right on the lip...
like a poor, unsuspecting fish in the river.
Kirk's brother-in-law offered him a great job with
his evergrowing and very successful business.
After much consideration, and when I put my aching heart aside,
I agree that it will be a good decision for our family.
As a mother, I was especially looking forward to sharing Idaho
and the experiences from my childhood with Lyla.
But we can come back to visit. You can visit us.
Lyla can still learn to appreciate Idaho from 1,500 miles away, right?
Kirk is from Texas. So, it is home for him.
I will do my best to make it home for me, but it ain't gon' be easy ya'll.
(see, I'm working on my southern draaa'l already)
Kirk leaves this Sunday and Lyla and I are quick to follow on November 2nd.
This is more than just a new chapter...this is a whole new book...

No comments:
Post a Comment