Oct 24, 2012

Don't Cuddle Me, Mom

As I was getting ready for bed last night,
 not looking forward to another night of sleeping alone, 
I decided I would sneak Lyla out of her crib and bring her to my room. 

I needed a cuddle buddy. And it started out just perfect. 
The little cutie snuggled up right under my shoulder and was snoozin' away.
 This was a very special moment for me because Lyla is much too busy
 during her waking hours and refuses to cuddle me...at all...ever. 

I was thoroughly enjoying myself for a good five minutes. 
And then, the cat walked in.
meow. meow. meow. 

Lyla's slumber ended immediately as she bolted up into a sitting position. 
She started laughing at the cat while pointing and from there
it seemed she forgot she was ever sleeping at all.
This girl is fierce, I tell ya. 

I tried my best to curl her little body back into mine. 
I kept wishing that dang cat would just go away.
But suddenly it was play time. 
What have I done, I asked myself?

Just as I was feeling the need to abort my cuddle mission
Lyla went from giggling to falling back into my arms sound asleep. 
Strange...was she "sleep playing" I wondered? Oh well. 

Suddenly she would shoot back up again looking for the cat. 
And, once again, her body would go limp and she would fall over.
 This happened at least three times. 
I couldn't help but laugh myself.

I kept imagining her trying to keep her heavy eyes open in the darkness. 
She was fighting it, but in the end, she couldn't resist her body's desire for sleep. 

 I eventually took the cutie back to her crib where she could rest peacefully.
Cuddle session failed...but not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment