Sep 1, 2013

Pretend Time & Smiles

Lyla is beginning to understand the concept of playing pretend.
Today she arranged her favorite animals on the couch and performed her ABC's for them. 
[her ABC song is just a mash up of various noises, but she's at least got the tune. ha.]


 It was very cute and even cuter than she came up with the idea on her own. 
I was only allowed to take pictures for a few moments, because
 then I had to stand on the "stage" with her and sing.



The only problem with pretend time is she wants to do it over and over and over again.
Singing songs to stuffed animals just loses it's cute appeal after 10x in a row.
The only way I was able to convince her to eat lunch was
by allowing the audience to join her.

Eventually the animals ended up on tray with lunch around their mouths too.
I had to take them away & that''s when the meltdown happened.
I keep wondering when Lyla will stop being so bossy, 
but I don't see that happening anytime soon...


Max is too little to play pretend, but he sure was enjoying his reflection in the mirror today.
[notice the wrist roll!!!!!!!!]



 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment