It's hard to believe it's been a one whole year since Kirk got
the job offer that completely changed our lives.
It's hard to believe Lyla and I lived one whole month without him.
It's hard to believe that we didn't even know I was pregnant
at that time and now we can't imagine life without our sweet Maxwell.
Life is funny like that.
Always throwing curve balls when you least expect it,
making you doubt and question your decisions,
and eventually leading you to the path you were always meant to be on.
I think I'm finally comfortable with the fact that I'm really living in Texas.
No, I am not yet considering this place home. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I would still rather live in Idaho than here and I still wake up
some mornings wondering when we will move back.
some mornings wondering when we will move back.
I miss my family more than words can express, but I now realize
that my new little family brings me as much happiness as I need.
I'm still a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece ---
but right now my most important role is being a mom.
And it's okay to let go of the past and embrace the life I'm living now.
One day the now will be the past and I'll probably feel a little sad when that happens too.
That's just life though and my journey is ongoing.
I live a good life and sometimes it's easy to take the little things for granted.
I'm a natural complainer and I just can't help it.
But overall I am grateful for who I am.
who I have. what I have.
where I am. and where I am going.
In other news, I have been totally slacking on baby pictures lately.
I know my kids are going to look back one day and be completely heartbroken
when they cannot locate any photos of themselves from the first week of October 2013.
And for that, I simply apologize! I'll strive to be a better parent tomorrow.
I assure you picture worthy moments continue to occur on a daily basis.
In the meantime, here are just a few before I went on my photo obsession hiatus....
who I have. what I have.
where I am. and where I am going.
In other news, I have been totally slacking on baby pictures lately.
I know my kids are going to look back one day and be completely heartbroken
when they cannot locate any photos of themselves from the first week of October 2013.
And for that, I simply apologize! I'll strive to be a better parent tomorrow.
I assure you picture worthy moments continue to occur on a daily basis.
In the meantime, here are just a few before I went on my photo obsession hiatus....







Sweet...
ReplyDelete