Halloween is such a fun time!
It should really happen more than once a year.
I already decided the whole family is dressing up as zombies next year.
It's going to be faaaaaantastic!
Kirk picked out the costumes this year.
It was only fair since he missed Lyla's first Halloween entirely.
He decided on Wonder Woman & Superman.
It wouldn't be a holiday without a little fit from the one and only sassy pants.
Despite my efforts, the costume accessories were just too much for Lyla to handle.
Then I tried again later on. Yep. Still not happening.
Finally Olivia was successful, only after bribing her with candy.

We have been having Lyla practice saying 'trick or treat' over the past couple weeks
and I was so anxious to take her out and start knocking on doors in the neighborhood.
This is a picture of the trick or treat gang.
Charli, Jeremy, & Hali didn't join our party until after dark.
Well, the first two houses: fail.
They had bowls of candy sitting on their front porch for self service.
I mean, come on people! Who does that.
Third house: success.
Lyla initially tried walking into their house immediately after they opened the door.
But as we progressed throughout the neighborhood she got the hang of it
and kept proclaiming "more, more, more" after walking away from each house.
After awhile, Hali joined us for more trick or treating and by that
time Lyla was comfortable enough to walk up to the doorstep without us.
We could even hear her saying "trick or treat" from the end of the driveway.
Once we got home, I broke my own rule and
let Lyla completely indulge in any candy she desired.
[oops]
Max was pretty much just along for the ride.
He seemed to be enjoying himself, but just like Lyla last year,
he had no idea what was going on.
Happy Halloween!
And P.S. Happy 5 Months to Mr. Max.


I love that Kirk picked out the outfits, better yet, that you let him.. As always, SUPER cute!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is Libby- I seriously miss these baby's and you like crazy! Please let Christmas time come faster I can not WAIT to see your guys faces and I better have a day when you guys are up here where just I can hangout with those babies!(;
ReplyDelete