There has been a lot of talk around here about using the potty over the
past few months and I think we really got Lyla acquainted with the idea.
We've been reading potty books, watching shows about using the potty,
she has her own underwear, and likes to pretend to use the potty all the time.
Not to mention she rips off her own diaper whenever she pleases.
Clearly she understands the concept.
So now it's my turn to put in the work.
The pressure is on.
As always, I've done my research and while
I don't think any particular method will work like magic,
I'm going to take bits and pieces of what I like and put it to use.
Obviously I would love for her to be potty trained over night,
but I don't really think that's realistic either.
This morning after removing her diaper, I did not replace it with a fresh one.
I declared today as 'bare bum Monday" and explained to Lyla
that she was to use the toilet for the rest of the day.
And then the repeated question began...
"Lyla do you need to use the potty?"
She was getting annoyed of me very quickly!
Her first accident occurred while we were getting ready in my bathroom.
I didn't get mad at her, but told her I was very sad she didn't use the toilet
and she seemed equally disappointed in herself, with her head hanging low.
Later, she was standing on the rug in the living room (carpet, eek!)
and I noticed her legs crossed tightly and a small drip running down her leg.
I shrieked and rushed her to the toilet as quickly as possible.
At this point, she was crying and pissed off from all the commotion.
Buuut, as soon as I put her on the toilet her bladder continued to
relieve itself and once she realized it a huge smile swept across her face.
I was screaming for joy because I can't even count how many
times I've placed her up there only for "potty time" to turn into a game
of countless flushing and unrolling of the toilet paper!
I gave her an m&m for her good deed.
yeah yeah...don't reward children like they are pets.
But I don't care. I'm super proud of her.
She deserved a special treat!
That was how our morning went.
We will see if maybe a #2 can happen this afternoon.
Going potty for the first time is a big accomplishment,
and now that she's actually done it, we are not turning back!
Changing two butts is getting old.
Stay tuned for Lyla's progress!
The pressure is on.
As always, I've done my research and while
I don't think any particular method will work like magic,
I'm going to take bits and pieces of what I like and put it to use.
Obviously I would love for her to be potty trained over night,
but I don't really think that's realistic either.
This morning after removing her diaper, I did not replace it with a fresh one.
I declared today as 'bare bum Monday" and explained to Lyla
that she was to use the toilet for the rest of the day.
And then the repeated question began...
"Lyla do you need to use the potty?"
She was getting annoyed of me very quickly!
Her first accident occurred while we were getting ready in my bathroom.
I didn't get mad at her, but told her I was very sad she didn't use the toilet
and she seemed equally disappointed in herself, with her head hanging low.
Later, she was standing on the rug in the living room (carpet, eek!)
and I noticed her legs crossed tightly and a small drip running down her leg.
I shrieked and rushed her to the toilet as quickly as possible.
At this point, she was crying and pissed off from all the commotion.
Buuut, as soon as I put her on the toilet her bladder continued to
relieve itself and once she realized it a huge smile swept across her face.
I was screaming for joy because I can't even count how many
times I've placed her up there only for "potty time" to turn into a game
of countless flushing and unrolling of the toilet paper!
I gave her an m&m for her good deed.
yeah yeah...don't reward children like they are pets.
But I don't care. I'm super proud of her.
She deserved a special treat!
That was how our morning went.
We will see if maybe a #2 can happen this afternoon.
Going potty for the first time is a big accomplishment,
and now that she's actually done it, we are not turning back!
Changing two butts is getting old.
Stay tuned for Lyla's progress!


No comments:
Post a Comment