Don't let this adorable little guy fool you.
I remember a time many many moons ago when I gave Max
the reputation of being so laid back and easy going.
Well. Since that time I believe Lyla has passed her diva torch
onto her little bro while I wasn't looking.
Max has preceded her throne with ease.
But really. It seems little Max has emerged to a point where he is very
aware of his surroundings and knows he capable of accomplishing so much more,
but still can't quite figure out how to make his body work the way it's supposed to.
Max, my son. You are just five months. You will grow up, I promise.
Just relax. Be patient. Enjoy your short time of being a baby.
And please stop being so pissy.
He throws a complete fit the moment I leave his range of sight
and if he is feeling extra sassy he will not even let me set him down a.n.y.w.h.e.r.e.
This includes the floor...couch...bed...rug... swing...crib. anywhere!
My arms are literally the only source of his happiness.
Most of the time I don't mind holding him and I'm happy to do so. He's my baby!
But I feel he should be a little more appreciative and understanding if I need to give
my arms a five minute break and/or remind his sister that she does still exist.
Good grief. I wish I was exaggerating. This must pass soon.
I question why he is insists on being so attached to me?
I mean, I'm flattered...but his obsession is slightly excessive.
Am I doing something wrong? Loving him too little? Loving him too much?
Meanwhile, Lyla is becoming funnier and more talkative every day.
Her dramatic meltdowns are happening less frequently.
Plus, more often than not, they are fake, which makes them easy to ignore.
She is a good listener most of the time and her independent behavior
makes her easier to take care of overall.
For instance, Charli and Jeremy watched the kids on Saturday night so we could go to dinner.
Any parent knows that going to a restaurant kid-free is a delicious slice of heaven.
Anyway, Lyla was a nice girl as expected. She was a happy ball of energy.
But Max brought a whole different kind of energy...
he preferred to unleash his inconsolable rage the entire time we were away.
he preferred to unleash his inconsolable rage the entire time we were away.
Sooo that was the first time and likely the last time they will offer to babysit.
They will probably prefer being an aunt and uncle via
instagram photos and this blog instead. It's much more enjoyable that way.
And I completely understand because nobody considers hanging out
with a screaming momma's boy a fun evening!
with a screaming momma's boy a fun evening!
What a baby! I love you Max, you are a cutie, but this behavior has got to change pronto.
After a little self reflection, I realize I've been over doing it on the caffeine lately.
Yes, I can admit that my caffeine habits are wild and out of control.
Returning for a second [or third] cup of coffee in the morning.
Making frequent trips to McDonald's for their crack infused Diet Coke.
Plus, I've really been hooked on the Pumpkin Spice from Starbucks.
I've cut myself off completely in hopes that it will help the poor feller.
Perhaps it is all my fault he has been a complete spaz lately.
Perhaps my five month old has been all jacked up on caffeine.
Breastfeeding is such a normal part of our routine now that
sometimes I forget Max's only source of nourishment is ME!
We shall see. Wish us luck.


No comments:
Post a Comment