We all have so much to be grateful for and this week
I am especially grateful for my aunt Kari. I had a vision for weeks and
with her help each step of the way, everything came together just as I imagined.
I'm also very grateful for technology this week.
I couldn't have pulled it off without utilizing my texting/video/tango features.
Naturally, I forced all the ladies to awkwardly huddle around the turkey for a portrait.
It is silly indeed. But it's an Idaho tradition that I'm not ready to let go of.
I must recreate the turkey glory legacy in Texas!
Lyla enjoyed Thanksgiving too.
More so, I think she enjoyed having a house full of guests.
Her and Hali disappeared for quite awhile in the playroom.
I think Hali needs to come over to play more often.
She is probably better at playing pretend than I am anyway!
Lyla has always been a party girl and it makes me even
more excited for all the good times ahead during Christmas.
Here is a photo of her "helping" in the kitchen.
Tablescaping at its finest.
Olivia and I worked on making it look pretty all week.
Then I ironed and starched the napkins,
confirming Olivia's belief that I am indeed nuts.
Lyla sitting on Max is pictured below.
Kirk is always slightly alarmed that I allow this behavior to happen.
My reasoning is a.) there is only five pounds difference between them.
b.) max likes it. he giggles the entire time.
Overall, Thanksgiving was a success!
Preparing Thanksgiving is a lot of work and extremely time consuming.
Turkey prep is truly an art form & I can't wait to perfect my technique next year.
Of course, I would rather be spending it as a spectator sitting at Kari's counter in awe.
But she inspired me to create my own feast and I think all the preparations
helped keep my mind busy because for the first time I didn't feel sad
about not being in Idaho on a holiday.
I'm healthy. I'm warm. I'm full. I'm happy.
And so are my beautiful babies.
That's what is most important.
Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment