Oct 20, 2013

Pumpkins With Our Framily

It's that time of year again! 
The time of year when I beg Kirk to carve a pumpkin with me 
and I always get rejected. But not this time. 

Sorry Kirk, but after seven Halloweens with me, you've run out of excuses.
The "Lyla's too young" logic didn't even work  like you pulled last year.

I will share our afternoon through the following photos!

Starting with Mr. Max:

"Yes mom, I am cute. But it's surprisingly chilly out here. Please get me a blanket."


"Aww, that's better."


Initially, Lyla seemed excited about the group activity. 


But once the carving started she was completely uninterested and refused to participate at all.
"Yucky" was her response to e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

Lyla, would you like to help? Yucky.
Do you want to scoop the guts out? Yucky.
Do you want to feel the guts in the bowl? Yucky.
Do you want to taste a seed? Yucky.
Do you want to push the knife in? Yucky.
Do you want to point to the eyes? Nose? Yucky.
Do you want to put the lid on? Yucky. 

I think this is her "yucky" face.


So, Kirk carved the pumpkin for her as he proceeded to tell me,
 "I told you she wouldn't care if we carved pumpkins or not."

Clearly Kirk is lacking the holiday spirit, but he was a good sport anyway.
Our family traditions have to start somewhere....


Next are a few pictures of Lyla, continuing to not participate.



I haven't carved a pumpkin in at least 10 years. Probably longer actually.
I saw this neato idea on Pinterest using the drill instead of a carving knife.
Well. Let's just say it was an complete and total fail.
I blame my lack of design planning and eagerness to rush.
 I can't even display a picture of the pathetic looking thing.
 It was a real disgrace of a carving.
Oh well. 



Next, I don't know if you knew this---I'm really obsessed with these two babies.
But how could I not be? Just look at them!




Kirk finished Lyla's pumpkin and she remained unimpressed.
We eventually convinced her to give the pumpkin a kiss.


After that, I think Kirk was relieved carving time was over. 
Max was clearly wiped out from the festivities too.



 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

1 comment: