Dec 16, 2013

Idaho Countdown

Well. I'm feeling the Christmas spirit.
Made homemade gifts. Mailed out blurry greeting cards.
I'm really on my game this year and now the countdown to Idaho is on!

Kirk isn't considering it a real vacation since 
we will be in the frozen tundra, but I don't even care about that! 
5am flight. Introducing Max to Idaho. No work for Kirk.
I'm ready for all of it.

I'm just so excited to get away from
 the house and spend some quality time with family. 

[Quality over quantity. I'm really learning to appreciate that phrase.]



I think Lyla is excited for Idaho too.
Perhaps not as excited about all the presents currently under our tree.
Our first Christmas celebration will occur this Thursday night and 
I'm pretty sure the festivities will continue all through
 the New Year until Lyla's birthday. 

She is probably getting the wrong idea about Christmas.
Literally every single person I know spoil my children rotten.
It makes me vomit in my mouth just a little bit.
It's horrible and wonderful all at the same time. 
As they get older, I will have to think of a way to balance out this
life of luxury with some acts of kindness. But we'll worry about that later.
My babies are extremely loved & we are a very fortunate bunch.

Max is working on some new tricks to show off to our Idaho peeps.
He isn't quite crawling, but he can definitely get himself from point a. to point b.
He's making some new whacky sounds with his mouth, as well as blowing spit bubbles. [yum]
Oh. And he started clapping the other night. I was so very proud and surprised.
I would say that is at least a 9 month old baby skill. 
He is super impressive! 

SEE EVERYONE SOON!!!!!!!
 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment